Frequently Asked Questions


 What are the City Hall office hours?

The City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are generally closed for the lunch hour from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. 

 Do I need a permit for a recreational fire?

If your burning pit is compliant with DNR rules, you are not required to have a burning permit. If you want to burn brush/leaves, you may obtain a burning permit at city hall at no charge.

 Who do I contact to rent a park shelter?

Call city hall at 320-354-2444 to obtain a park permit at no charge.

 Where can I make my water/sewer payments?

Payments can be mailed to or dropped off at:
    New London City Hall
    PO Box 252
    20 1st Avenue S.W.
    New London, MN 56273 

There is also a payment drop box located on the building for after hours use.

Payments may also be dropped off at:

    Lake Region Bank - New London
    United Prairie Bank - Spicer

You can make a payment online by clicking this link.


You may also sign up for Automatic Payment from a checking or savings account. Click the link below to download the form, when completed return to city hall.

 What are the water and sewer rates?

Water and Sewer rates are as follows:

  • Water Base Fee - $20.21 per month (flat rate) 
  • Sewer Base Fee - $32.90 per month (flat rate)
  • Water Usage - $11.15/1,000 gallons
  • Sewer Usage - $17.38/1,000 gallons

Your sewer usage is based on your metered water consumption. Separate irrigation meters are available for purchase and once installed, you are only billed for water consumption on that meter.